You can rent a car in Merida and drive to Hotel Xixim. Of course you can also rent a car in Cancun and drive across the Yucatan Peninsula. The drive takes about 4 1/2 hours, and the road between Cancun and Merida is an excellent highway (toll). If you plan on taking your time, you may want to visit the stunning Cenote of Dzidnup in Valladolid, the world famous archeological site of Chichen Itza or the magnificent 16th Century Franciscan Convent of Izamal on your way over.
Hotel Xixim is about 62 miles (100 kilometers) from Merida, approximately 1 hour by car.
How to get there from Merida:
1. Take Avenue Jacinto Canek to the west of the city
2. Once on the ring-road, turn left to take the freeway from Caucel to Tetiz.
3. Cross the town of Tetiz to Kinchil.
4. Once in Kinchil follow signs to Celestun on highway 281.
5. Once in Celestún take the road that runs parallel to the sea shore to the right and drive 6 miles to the North of the village until you reach our resort. There are many signs along this road, so you can't miss us.
- Drive to the south of the city to the airport and take the road to Uman (the road passes next to the airport).
- Once in the town of Uman, at the light of it’s main plaza take the “Y” to your right. Drive two blocks and make a right turn there to take the road 281 to Kinchil-Celestún (you will see signs of the Road 281 Kinchil-Celestun).
- You will cross the very towns of Oxolon – Samahil and Kinchil.
- Once in Celestún take the road that runs parallel to the sea shore to the right and drive 6 miles to the North of the village until you reach our resort. There are many signs along this road, so you can't miss us.
If you have any trouble locating us, please call us at (01-988) 916 21 00, so we can give you further directions
Click here for a detailed road map.